Wondering what's new with Le Strange?
News and Updates
- March 20, 2012We have a new bass player -- we introduce to you, the new commander of the low end artillery barrage, Eric Gilmore.
Our beloved bassist Ettienne David Franc has been getting traction with his LA based band Check in the Dark, featuring "gossip girl" Leighton Meester on vocals. He's had to bid us farewell to make himself more available for the flurry of imminent chaos coming his way. He's been behind many an epic rock moment onstage with us and we send him off with a heart "break a leg!" and hope he hires us for some star studded garden parties.
- March 7, 2011Our new year is off to a great start and its shaping up to be our best year ever. First off we have a new bass player, Etienne David Franc, his versatility makes is making it easy revamp some old favorites and develop some hot new arrangements. We did a warm up gig at Henflings in January and our first official gig at the Crow's Nest last Saturday. Wow, what a night! The place was packed and the people were so much fun, screaming and singing along. We tried something new, an expanded line up for certain songs and it was really cool. So now we'll be adding congas and harp to selected shows.
- December 18, 2010Here we are at the end of our Third year and its been a great one. Thank you all for supporting us by coming out to the gigs. We're looking forward to next year, we'll be amping up the shows and making some minor changes for the better. One change will be a switch in the bass players chair, we have a replacement and will be announcing his name very soon. If you have any ideas for venues that might be good for us please let one of us know and we'll follow it up.
- March 16, 2010The year's off to a great start. We played out of town at the Quarter Note in Sunnyvale with our friends The Bird Dogs. A Fantastic gig at the Crow's Nest, looking forward to May 29th when we play Don Quixote's again.
- Oct 17, 2009Had a great time at Don Quixote's last night. The place was packed and everyone danced till the very end. The Bird Dogs did a great job.
- Nov 20, 2008Our first live radio appearance. We played an acoustic set on KSCO. It was pure Le Strange, we performed Purple Rain and I Wanna be Sedated.
- Aug 12, 2008Second time we played the Catalyst in two months. This time we topped the bill. Enthusiastic audience and Drifting Compass and Profile of a Line did a great job of opening for us.
- June 15, 2008Wow, we've only been playing out for a month now and we're already at the Catalyst. Opened for Russ Pettit. The cool thing was most of the crowd were there to see us.